The 2nd Annual Queen of the Road Award Nomination Entry
A dignified recognition award for women who work as truck drivers.
Nominations are now open and will be accepted until January 25, 2018
Nominate a TruckHER that meets the following award criteria:
- Is she dedicated to her profession as a truck driver?
- Has she overcome impediments yet remains committed to helping others?
- Does she demonstrate an unselfish “pay it forward” approach when working with others?
You know, many Women who work as truck drivers carry with them knowledge that helps and inspires others who may be struggling on how to “re-invent” themselves, overcome impediments and perhaps learn a level of pride and a sense of accomplishment they have not had before.
“Giving Back” to those who are struggling to find their way is the cornerstone of the REAL Women in Trucking organization message.
“Paying it Forward” through continued efforts to help others.
Award Nomination Details:
Here is how you can nominate a woman truck driver for this award:
- Write a persuasive two or three paragraphs about your nominee into the survey monkey link provided.
- Submit the individuals photograph to email@example.com with accurate contact information for both the nominee and the person who nominated them. (Full Name, Email and Phone Number)
NOTE: No photo images or names will be published until nominees are voted on and top ranked individual is selected. The purpose for this method is to avoid bias assessment of worth based on appearance or ethnicity by voters. Gathering photos early though helps RWIT publish future blog posts on time.
Nominee voting will take place from February 1, 2018 to May 1, 2018.
Three (3) Nominees who have received the top voting totals will receive:
- A $500.00 Visa gift card
- A “Queen of the Road” recognition award
- A FREE RWIT membership for both yourself and your nominee if they wish.
- A gift bag and event t-shirt
Winners will be notified prior to the “May 2018 Queen of the Road on the High Seas Cruise”.
An award ceremony will be held during the May 2018 cruise, winners do not need to be present to win.
Once winners are selected, all nomination profiles will be made public on our website.
Must be either a past or present Commercial Driver’s License holder.
Must have hands on experience to operate a tractor-trailer without assistance and ability to deliver freight.
Must fit the R.E.A.L. criteria
R. Reaching Out
E. Encouraging Others
A. Achieving Personal Success
The R.E.A.L. criteria is a demonstration of outreach, compassion and encouragement towards others. Leadership is exhibited through the sharing of personal success strategies that illustrate the tenacity it takes to become professional commercial motor vehicle (CMV) operator.
You can read about last year’s winners here:
Lady Trucker Events – 2017 Queen of the Road Winners
Are You Interested in joining us on our 2018 Cruise? Details Here>> 2018 Lady Truck Driver Cruise Itinerary
If you are a solo woman who would like to join us on the cruise but would like a cabin mate to split costs, please contact us so we can connect you to another lady driver. firstname.lastname@example.org